Tuesday, April 27, 2010

So What Has The Stahnke Family Been Up To?

I haven't been able to get caught up on posting after my computer broke down, but I think after this post I'm all caught up.  We have been busy here at the Stahnke Household!  One fun thing we did during spring break is the Children's Museum.  A friend of mine gave us some free tickets, so we took advantage of that, and my friend also joined us with her kids.  Andrew thought it was great to be able to play in the sand even if he wasn't at the beach!!!





Andrew thought it was great digging for dinosaurs.  What he didn't know, was that Megan was hiding them in the sand for him.














Andrew also loved the little grocery store!











The water works was a ton of fun for Andrew as well.


One big milestone in our house, is Andrew started preschool after his third birthday.  He qualified for the preschool at the public school in our school district because of his speech delay.  He was so ready to go, even though it was hard on me.  Since his first day, he has been learning so much, and he has been having so much fun there.  He only goes on Tues. and Thurs. but I have to admit that the break is kind of nice.  I have been getting some things done during those few hours!!!!  On the subject of Andrew's speech delay.  He will be having surgery sometime over summer to fix his submucous cleft.



So of course it wouldn't be spring in our house if we didn't have an evening at our favorite park!  Alisha has been so busy these days, with college, work, and her boyfriend, so a lot of times she isn't around for our fun family outings.  It makes me sad, but I guess it is a part of her growing up.  Only 15 more years with Andrew, and it will just be me and my husband going out.  













































About a week ago, my little Andrew got a chance to visit the firestation.  A friend of mine's husband works there, and he gave Andrew along with his own kids, a personal tour.  Andrew was so excited, and he couldn't wait to wear his fireman gear.  He listened to every word that the fireman said.  









Not sure what Andrew was doing in this picture!  He can be a big a goof ball sometimes.















Then Andrew also got to meet the fire chief and he even let Andrew wear his hat and sit in his chair.  Andrew didn't seem to thrilled with the idea of paper work over spraying the water hose!


















No comments: