Thursday, January 28, 2010

I'm A Big Kid Now

So over a week ago, Andrew did something quite strange at nap time.  He usually sleeps for about 2 hours, but on this particular day, I heard a ton of banging on the crib and then Andrew just started screaming and this all happened about 30 minutes into his nap.  It was quite odd so I ran upstairs and peaked in his room, and to my surprise he was on the other side of the room away from his crib and he was just standing there crying and very confused.  I asked him what he was doing and I got no response, just crying, so I asked him then if he wanted to go back to bed and he said yes.  Then he slept for another hour and half.  I really think Andrew was sleep walking and broke out of his bed.  Nothing else really would explain his behavior.  Later I asked him if he remembered getting out of his bed and he said no.  Later on that week it really started bothering me that he did that, and he could do it again and really get hurt.  The fact that he didn't seem to know why he was out of his bed was quite scary for me.  Luckily I have a child proof thing on his door so he can't get out of his room, but I did worry about him getting hurt.  So I decided it was time to break out the toddler bed.  I was sad because the week before I got rid of the high chair and Andrew graduated to the big table.  I officially feel like my baby is all grown up, and I just about lost it the first time I put him in his bed. 

So Andrew got to jump one last time in his crib before taking it down.

....and this is why we took down the crib!

So after putting up the new bed, Andrew took a moment to think what he should do first!

...and so he decided to jump off the bed.  So being the good mom I am, I took lots of pictures of him doing it, and then told him he wasn't aloud to jump off the bed.









So Andrew decided to try out the new bed!



However, Andrew wasn't ready for a nap at 11am!!!!  He has done very good though.  He stays in his bed when he wakes up and he says "mommy, daddy come save me".  It is to cute.  So I officially have a big kid now!!!!!!

We took Andrew's little table downstairs from his room for awhile, and I had to grab a picture of Megan eating with Andrew!  I was excited because I got this picture with no flash and it was at night!!!!!!  I just love my camera!!!!

1 comment:

Maria said...

Oh, Kim, he IS getting to be a big boy -- I can see it in his pictures. His face is thinning up and he's getting taller. Doesn't it break your heart???!!! Ellie is trying (again) to start climbing out of her crib. I told Kevin it's TOO EARLY to put her in a toddler bed (not to mention she would NEVER stay there) and told him to lower it to the last setting. *sigh* Wasn't it just yesterday we brought them home???