Friday, April 15, 2011

Andrew Turns Four!


So my baby turned 4!  Wow where has the time gone!  This year we had a party for Andrew on his actual birthday because it landed on a Saturday.  When I told Andrew back in January that he was having a birthday in a few months, he immediately started planning his party.  The kid is obsessed with any kind of rescue vehicle, and he can't seem to learn enough about any of them.  Well, then he told me he wanted me to make him a cake with burning buildings on it, a firetruck, a police car, and an ambulance.  My mind was spinning, on how I was going to pull off this cake, because at the end of the day I'm not a baker.  Well I decided to look for a few things on line for his birthday party, and I came across this set that I could buy that included the building, fireman, trees, and the firetruck.  Luckily, I already had a police car and an ambulance the same size to add to it.  So Andrew, got his cake, and I was happy that I fulfilled his request.  

Andrew had a lot of his little friends over, and I'm bummed that I never got a picture of him with all of them.  There is just never enough of me to go around at parties.  At least I got the pictures we did!

I look forward to what is ahead with Andrew.  He seems so grown up for 4.  I feel like he could start kindergarten this next year, but he has another year of preschool.  I hope you had a great birthday Andrew!  I love you to the moon (Andrew's says this to me all the time)!!!!!








So I came up with a little craft for the kids.  I had them decorate these little metal buckets with whatever they wanted, and then they used the buckets to collect their candy from the pinata.  These buckets were so cute because later they could use it to store something in, or they could plant a flower in them.  

















I was so excited this year, because this is the first year Andrew could blow out his own candles.  The poor little guy couldn't blow air out of his mouth until he had his surgery in August on his cleft palate.







Megan spent about 8 hours putting this together the day after his party.  He has loved playing with it!


My sweet little niece from one of my sister in laws, with my other sister in law, that is pregnant and due any day now.  Yeah, I'm going to be an aunt again real soon!  

No comments: