Monday, November 26, 2007

Our Travel Dates!

We got our travel dates last Wednesday, November 21st. It was the day before Thanksgiving so it was very hard to get things set up for our trip in just the few hours I had before offices closed down for the rest of the week. I spent a full 3 hours on the phone trying to find some kind of flight for our travel dates. They wanted us leaving on the 1st or 2nd of January and coming home on Jan.12th. The only flight I was able to get was going to take us through Russia, which was going to cause us to get a third visa. That doesn't seem like much of a dilemma, but once you add up the days, getting three visas in a month seemed impossible, long enough during the Holidays. Also this flight would of got us there at 6:30am in the morning of Jan. 4th and we were scheduled to pick up Turat and be to the embassy for an appointment in the same day. We would of been exhausted traveling for over 40 hours and then instantly getting our son and trying to stay awake for another 14 hours. Plus doing that flight would not allowed any time for any kind of delay in our flights. I prayed all weekend about the situation and everything got put on hold until today. One of the travel agencies that I have been working with called and had another option for us. They had a flight leaving on Dec. 31st which wouldn't take us through Russia, so we would only have to get the two visas. So I booked that flight and sent off our passports to get our visas right away. I feel like a huge burden has been lifted off of me. Praise God that everything worked out! We may even be able to get Turat on Jan. 2nd instead of Jan.4. I can't wait to meet him!!!!

1 comment:

Sandy said...

I just read the last couple entries and am sitting here tearing up. It is all falling into place. I am so excited for you guys! It won't be long now. Hang in there!