Friday, September 19, 2008

An Andrew Brag Session!

Well I guess I'm Andrew's mom and this is my blog, so I guess I have the right to brag about my son. All I can say is what a smart little guy he is becoming. Setting aside his speech delays which he is coming a long way with, he blows my mind every day what he understands and what he learns. I have continued working with teaching him signs, along with the speech therapist, and he knows up to 25 to 30 of them now. I had to start writing them down because I was forgetting ones that he knows, and he would do some that I haven't done with him in a long time. In fact when someone watches him, I forget to tell them some of the basic signs and Andrew gets frustrated not understanding why they don't know what he wants. It is wonderful to be able to communicate with him. Andrew is also coming along with his talking. He says about 10 words now, but not consistently. Sometimes he just rambles on and on, and other times he is so quite. One thing I can say for him, is that he is constantly on the go, and he never sits down. He does pretty good sitting in the car seat, and stroller when I need him to, but any other time, the kid just runs everywhere. He actually hasn't gained any weight in the last few months, and he is getting taller, so I'm sure that is due to his activity level. Andrew still has a ton of personality. This kids draws a crowd anywhere we go. I think part of that is due to him just having a look all his own, and those cheeks are just irresistible! Here is a few cute moments I had with Andrew this week. He is always making me laugh, so I have to remember to grab my camera and capture everything I can.


Andrew has been screaming a lot at dinner and pointing to the table. Up till now we haven't been able to figure out what he has wanted. We discovered that he just wants to feed himself his food. Unfortunately, Andrew has been picky about some of the things that he eats so we still give him some of the older stage baby food, just to give him some variety. Well the baby food is very runny, but we have let Andrew start trying to feed himself. We are shocked how well he can do it. This video is the first time he used a spoon on his own. You go Andrew!!!

This is what happens when you leave the bathroom door open!

We start our kids doing chores early. It wont be long and Andrew will be doing all the laundry!

No comments: