Saturday, November 5, 2011

7 months down (32 weeks), and 8 weeks to go!


So I just ended my 7th month, and I'm starting my 8th month of being pregnant.  I have to admit each day this pregnancy thing keeps getting harder.  I just can't imagine how I'm going to handle the next 8 weeks, but I don't think I have a choice.  I finally finished working, and that is helping with not being on my feet for hours at a time, but when I am on my feet for awhile, I am swelling like crazy!  My feet are getting larger every day, and I even had to purchase some new shoes because none of my others are fitting right now.  I'm also running out of clothes to fit.  Don't ask me while maternity clothes are even maternity clothes if they stop fitting you before you have the baby!  I'm down to a few shirts, and a few pants, and I don't even have a coat that fits but I only have 8 more weeks so I will make the best of it.

When I was 30 weeks pregnant I had quite the scare with my heart.  I was shopping for my girl's birthday one day at the mall and when I got back into the car, my heart started racing.  I looked down and it looked like my heart was pounding out of my chest.  I have had heart palpations before with my low blood sugar, but I haven't experience such a thing for about 10 years.  I wasn't sure what was happening, and suddenly I found it hard to even breathe.  I felt like the smartest thing to do was to just sit in my car, and I called Cain to let him know what was happening.  Meanwhile, 10 min. or so went by and my heart wasn't slowing down, so Cain and I decided I should call my midwife.  So I called my midwife to have her call me back, then I called Alisha because I knew she was in the area, but she didn't answer so I left her a message to call me.  Meanwhile my midwife called me back, and she told me to not worry, that the heart palpations should go away soon, and to just stay calm.  Then she told me to head to the hospital if it didn't stop within 45 min.  Then I looked up and Alisha was knocking on my door.  She called me when I was on the phone with my midwife, so Alisha called Cain, and he told her where I was.  It was the craziest thing, because Alisha was literally at the mall the same time I was!  So Alisha sat in the car with me, and we waited it out.  My heart still was not slowing down, so I called Cain back, and told him to leave work to come get me to take me to the hospital.  By the time we got to the hospital my heart was racing for 1 hr and 45 min.  When I got to the ER, there was a since of urgency since I was 30 weeks pregnant.  I suddenly felt overwhelmed after there was about 7 or 8 people working on me at the same time.  It felt like I was in an episode of ER!  Suddenly the tears started rolling down my face, and I was scared to death for my daughter!  They finally got an IV in me, so they could start some drugs to make my heart get back into rhythm.  At this point my heart rate was spiking to 180!  Then before they could give me the medication, the Dr. looked at me and said do you feel that?  I said feel what?  He said your heart got it's own rhythm back on it's own.  He seemed puzzled and confused on how this happened since at this point my heart was racing for 2 hrs.  I know it was God, and that is all I need to know!  So at this point everyone was scared to release me without knowing what caused this episode.  So after 2 days of testing, and visits from Dr.'s they finally released me from the hospital with the finding that my potassium was low, and that with being pregnant through my heart rate out of whack!  So since then, I have been tested here and there, and have been on potassium supplements to keep things level.  I'm so thankful that my daughter is okay!  God is great!


So this is a picture that I have wanted from day one when I found out I was pregnant.  I had it printed and it is in the baby's room!  I love it!!!!  I have learned to embrace being pregnant this time around.  Some how, even though I feel large, I have found the beauty in being pregnant!  This is a way for me to have a keepsake for my daughter for always!

No comments: