Tuesday, August 30, 2011

First Day of School!

I can't believe my little baby girl is going into 8th grade!  Where has the time gone?  I will have to say that Megan has grown into an amazing young lady, and I feel she is ready for the challenges that middle school will bring her this year.  I can't wait to see what is to come this school year!



Then there is my little man who is staring his 2nd year of preschool!  This little smarty pants is ready for kindergarten, but he isn't old enough yet.  I'm hoping he will not be board in school this year, because that is when kids like Andrew start getting into trouble!  His teacher told me that he would be challenging him along the way, so we will see how it goes.  

We also decided to let Andrew ride the bus this year to preschool.  Since he started preschool with the public school system, due to his speech delay (which by the way he no longer has), it's an option to send him to school on the bus.  I would of never even considered this with my girls when they were Andrew's age, but Andrew is of a different sort.  He is so independent and ready to tackle everything in life.  Just the thought of the bus, got him soooooo  excited before school even started.  He has been telling everyone, "My mommy is having a baby and I get to ride the bus to school this year".  I guess both events were of equal importance to him.  I did have a little anxiety when the day came to put him on the bus, but as you see in the pictures, there was no fear in his eyes, but yet pure excitement!  I felt like I let my baby grow up today, and just in time for the arrival of his sister in a few months!









No comments: