Monday, November 3, 2008

A Letter to my Alisha on her Birthday!

Dear Alisha,

I can't believe it has been 17 years already. It seems just like just yesterday you were putting me through over 13 hours of labor, but you were worth it. We have been through so much together, and I know there will be more to come. You are maturing into a young women, and with that comes a lot of responsibility. My prayer for you every day is that you put God first in your life, and that you make godly decisions in all you do! I also pray for God to bring you a wonderful godly spouse one day that will love you unconditionally, and will make you happy! It amazes me everyday what our God did for us on the cross, and it also amazes me of what he continues to do everyday for me, and you, and our family. God's handy work is all around us. I'm proud of you for serving through your music in church, and I hope that you will always continue to find a way to do that. You are very intelligent, and I'm proud of you for putting the wonderful mind that God gave you to use! I know post-secondary (college) has been tough this year, but hang in there, I know you can do it! You are also a very beautiful young lady, and your smile and laugh is so wonderful to have around the house. I will truly miss that when you move out one day. You are also a wonderful athlete. I think you can beat me at everything now. Alisha, you are a wonderful daughter, and I'm proud of you for all the good choices you have made. Continue to stay out of trouble, keep God closes to you, and always be careful of the influences in your life. Your an amazing daughter and God has blessed me, by putting you into my life.

I will always love you,

Mom

I'm sorry Alisha, these pictures only go back to when your sister was born. One day I will find the rest of my negatives that are stashed in the basement somewhere!

No comments: