Monday, May 18, 2009

Our Weeks Events!

I'm so excited. In about 9 hours my baby is getting on the plane to come home. I don't care how old my daughter Alisha gets, she will always be my baby! She has had the most amazing experiences in Kyrgyzstan. I'm personally so proud of her for doing what she has done. I don't know many seventeen year old girls who would be willing to go clear across the world to just want to make a difference in some children's lives. I have to say, Alisha has come quite attached to some of the kids over there, and she is already planning her next visit to go back. I don't know what it is about Kyrgyzstan, but once you go there, and see the people there, you can't get them out of your mind. Alisha isn't home yet, but I know she already knows this. Please pray for her safe travels, and for her flights to be on time. I know first hand how hard it can be to get home if there are any delays in the flights!
Now for some other family updates:

Last week I got the privilege to go into Megan's class at school and talk about Kyrgyzstan. She has been studying geography all year and her teacher at the beginning of the school year wanted me to come in and talk about the culture and the country. It was strange that the timing on this was when Alisha was over there, but it worked out perfect because it gave me more stories to tell them. I spent some time reading up on the history of Kyrgyzstan before I went in there, and the CD with files of pictures and videos that I purchased while in Kyrgyzstan came in real handy. They all were very interested in what I was telling them. Megan's class has had quite an obsession about Andrew since we got him, so maybe this helped them be interested in his birth country. I also brought a lot of our things that we got from Kyrgyzstan for them to see, including the hat that Andrew is wearing above. When we got home that day, he was begging to put it on. Of course that was a photo moment that I couldn't miss. Its a bit big on him now, but I'm sure soon enough it will fit perfectly.

On Saturday afternoon, Megan and I got to go see a school play, Cinderella! A friend of mine's daughter played Cinderella, so it was neat to see it. Megan enjoyed it quite a bit, and it was a great afternoon with just the two of us getting out of the house. Here is a picture of her and some of her friends who also came.

Then Saturday evening off to Andrew's friend Matthew's house for his birthday party! Notice in the two pictures how Andrew isn't keeping his hands to himself. Lately things that were never a problem are suddenly becoming a problem. I guess that is what 2 is all about.

The two Kyrgyz boys!

We took this picture right before we left, and it was a lot of work to get 4 toddler boys to sit and look at us at the same time. Notice they are all holding onto at least one Thomas the Train toys. It was the only way to get them to sit there. After this they all went crazy and just sat there and started screaming. For a minute there I thought I was around abunch of girls. I didn't know boys acted that way to.

A quick family photo before we left. What a fun party! I always enjoy going to birthday parties much more then throwing them. So thanks Kim (Matthew's mom) for great time!

1 comment:

Corinne said...

I am sure she will have some great stories to tell!