Tuesday, April 28, 2009

In Loving Memory of my Grandmother

Just a week ago I was reading on my friends blog how she lost her grandmother. I decided to stick a card in the mail for her this week, and not only an hour after I did that, my father called to say that my grandmother wasn't doing so well and they were calling in hospice. Within one day of hospice being with my grandmother, they called my dad and told him he needed to come down and say any last words to her. On Sunday Cain, and I went to visit my grandmother, and nothing could prepare us for how she looked. I left there asking God to just take her very soon and peacefully. I got my wish. Within 8 hours my grandmother got to go to heaven. My grandmother had so many battles with cancer throughout her life and we thought for sure that cancer would be the thing that would take her life, but darn that lady she was a fighter, and old age is what took her. We celebrated her 90th birthday this last September, so I can honestly say that she lived a good life. I was close to my grandmother and the best way to describe her is fun, and exciting! That women knew how to laugh and how to bring a smile to people's faces. I will never forget all her practical jokes she played on everyone. She was loving and was always there if you needed help with something. I'm honored to say that I got to grow up with her in my life. Most of all I am so thankful that I know I will see my grandmother in heaven one day. That brings a peace to me like nothing else could.



Here is a great picture of my grandma and grandpa that was taken at my wedding in 1995. This is how I want to remember them both! After my grandfather passed away within a month my grandmother had her 3rd battle with cancer. They found a golf ball size tumor behind her eye, and the cancer was also in her nose. After they removed all of the cancer, they had to do reconstructive surgery. She recovered from it but she never quite looked exactly the same!

My grandma with Andrew and Megan!


Here is a picture of me with both my grandmas, but we were celebrating my Grandma Johnson's 90th Birthday!

Both my grandmother's get the biggest kick out of Andrew! He brings a smile to every one's face!


Nice Family Photo at my Grandmother's 90th Birthday Party!
A not so nice family photo and notice neither of my grandmothers are to sure how to act for a picture like this one!

Grandma you were so pretty on your birthday! I want you to know that I loved you very much, and I'm so glad your with grandpa and your son now in heaven. I know you dreamed of the day you would see them both again! You were a wonderful grandma, and you always made me laugh! I will cherish all the times I came to visit you for a week in the summer when I was growing up. I have some wonderful memories that I will hold onto for a lifetime! I will see you again one day!

Love you, Kim

No comments: