Wednesday, January 21, 2009

My Crazy Weekend!

I was sick for over a week, and on top of it I had one of the busiest weekends ever. What bad timing! Andrew has fully recovered from being sick, which only took three weeks, and then I decided to get sick myself. I started off with just a sore throat but then it turned into a sinus infection. School was cancelled on Thursday and Friday because of the cold temperatures, so I had Megan home with me. On Friday afternoon my friend Mary dropped off her two girls for me to watch, because she was going out of town on a retreat. I had both of them over here till Saturday at 5pm. Then at 5:30 on Saturday, I had my uncle from Colorado over, my grandma, and my parents. Then on Sunday off to church we went. It is my brothers church and we help with quite of few things. We leave the house at 8:45 am, and we aren't done until 1:30 pm. Then off to a baby shower for my sister in law at 2:00 on Sunday. Me and my girls were there till 5:00, and then we got home at 5:30, where my friend Ginger and her girls from Columbus, came over to stay till Monday. As the weekend went on I kept feeling sicker and sicker. On Saturday I started getting pressure in my ears, and then by Sunday I couldn't hear much out of my ears, and I started getting dizzy. By Monday morning, I couldn't even get out of bed because the dizziness was so bad. I had an inner ear infection which was causing the vertigo, and that was on top of the sinus infection. I felt horrible at this point because I had company over, and I couldn't do anything. My friend Ginger was so understanding about it and was helping me with Andrew. I never get a sick day, so maybe it was for the best that I had someone there to help take care of me and Andrew. I got an antibiotic in me on Sunday, so thank goodness by Monday evening I was feeling much better. I didn't get many pictures of my eventful weekend so hopefully soon I'll get back to taking pictures like I usually do.




Here is the only picture I took all weekend. Andrew decided to chill with Megan and my friend Mary's girls while they were over.


The other day I turned the inauguration on, and Andrew grabbed his chair and pushed it into the middle of the room and started watching it. Even though I didn't vote for Obama, it was a historical moment that I can tell Andrew one day that he watched with his mommy. I do pray for God's guidance and protection upon our country, and I do have peace everyday because I know that He is ultimately in control.

1 comment:

Drew said...

When I'm sick like that, it always makes me think of single moms and what they must go through. I always get kind of panicky if I'm alone with the kids and get sick. I hope you're feeling better!